Monday 2 March 2009

Share Joy, Not Trouble

I may have studied Religious Studies at University, however I'm not a religious person or a person of faith.

Recently, when going through my late mother's affairs, I found a small handwritten note used as a bookmark. I think it's my Grandmother's writing but I can't be sure.

Despite not being a believer, I have great respect for the message, especially point 5 (see below) and the last sentence.


1. Have quiet time in the morning and the night.

2. Have a note book handy, don't try to think but rather try to RELAX. Write down any thoughts that do come to you.

3. God cannot speak to you unless you are LISTENING.

4. You can tell him your troubles and RESOLUTIONS and then LISTEN and OBEY.

5. Don't talk to people about your troubles. SHARE your joys with them and even with them LISTEN and they will, in the end, ask you to help them.

Here it is:- "When God speaks Man must LISTEN and OBEY. A changed man can help change the world."

No comments: